Unable to Download Apps from Google Play Store as Result of “Error Retrieving Information from Server [RPC:AEC:0]”? Here is a Simple Fix

Mostly for the those that have just gotten for themselves a new Android device or simply those that have not used their android before to download on Play Store, even after linking a Google account you should not be knocked off balance when you try to download your first app from Play Store but all you see is “Error Retrieving Information from Server [RPC:AEC:0]”.

And with that error notification it means at that particular point you cannot download anything from Google Play Store.
Unable-to-download-from-Google-Playstore-as-result-of-Error-retrieving-information-from-server

Now you might have been told to clear data and cache or to clear cache alone in order to fix the problem, but you still noticed that after clearing app data or/and cache you are still getting the same error when trying to download and still unable to download from Play Store.


Now here is a surprising and the simplest of fix that will work like magic; at this point, what you just need to do is to reboot your device and hit the Play Store again.

Try downloading again after you have restarted your android and with a working network and see how your download will commence with full force.

Happy with this piece? You can always use the comment box below to express yourself freely.
Unable to Download Apps from Google Play Store as Result of “Error Retrieving Information from Server [RPC:AEC:0]”? Here is a Simple Fix Unable to Download Apps from Google Play Store as Result of “Error Retrieving Information from Server [RPC:AEC:0]”? Here is a Simple Fix Reviewed by Edwin Akwudolu on 8:38:00 AM Rating: 5

9 comments:

  1. I have been battling with this issue for a long while, the playstore worked initially on my device. After some months I could not download nor update my apps! I keep getting, error 927, error 495 etc.
    I have tried all online tips, all to no avail. I'm considering a factory reset of my device. Do I need to factory reset, or is there a way out? Thanks as I await your response.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Sorry for the late reply.

      Your case is a bit different as you have been able to download with it initially and all of a sudden it started giving you error.

      But we cans still troubleshoot the cause and let't do it this way;

      when did you start noticing the error or it just suddenly started happening that way and did you tweak your phone in any way that you suspect could be the cause? again, did you tweak your IMEI and maybe start using Glo BIS.

      Let us know so we can see to it.

      Delete
  2. Thanks man, my device is a Samsung Galaxy note SMP601, unrooted! The problem started about 6 months after I bought the device. I couldn't download nor update apps using the regular data connection except via wifi connection. It's easier for me to use my data compared to wifi (I have to put my sim in another phone, so as to use the data for wifi connection for my device) .The guys in Samsung store could not help either. I'm thinking of a factory reset, but I am hesistant to do so as I want to see if I can explore other means possible. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I got you. Ok do this now and try downloading from Play store with your mobile data. Look for the app called "Google Setting" on your menu and open it, then go down and touch location, you will see that it is off, so just switch it on at the top right corner and that is it

      Delete
    2. I just checked, it was on already. I really don't know what could be the problem. Thanks so much for your efforts.
      Will keep seeking for a way out, until I'm left with the factory reset option.

      Delete
    3. Ok, here is what you should do; navigate your way to settings>>All>>Apps>>All and tap the menu button(soft key) you will see Reset app preferences, touch it and to reset app preferences and then try downloading now. It will most likely solve the issue

      Delete
    4. Wao! Edwin u are just too good. Just did that, and my playstore is working!
      I wish I could compensate you. God bless you bro.

      Delete
    5. Nice to hear that if finally worked for you.

      Do have a lovely day ahead

      Delete
  3. I have restarted my phone more Dan 30 times still dey same tin

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is always appreciated

Powered by Blogger.