What if there was no undo (Ctrl + Z) command in modern day computing?

This piece was born out of recent incident that happened and that I know would have caused me so much pains only if there was no undo (Ctrl + Z) command, but all thanks to that wonderful and simple command in computing.

So have you ever thought the way I am thinking right now; What if there was no undo command (Ctrl + Z) command in computing? Or have you also ran into deep mess before that would have been a debacle and that would have probably caused you so much pains too but your only saving grace became the undo command (Ctrl  + Z) at that particular moment?
What if there is no undo (Ctrl + Z) command in modern day computing?

Though all aspect of computing, including all the commands with their shortcut key combinations are useful in one way or the other in their own ways, but it seems that some commands are more priceless than the other.


A typical example of that priceless command and its shortcut key combination is the undo command (Ctrl + Z).

Now here is how it all happened; just yesterday, I was working on an official and extremely important document that has taken a complete week to put the contents together and contains about 4000 words in length.

The error came in as I wanted to increase the fonts of the entire document, as usual, one will have to select the entire document either by highlighting with mouse from down to bottom or simply by using the shortcut keyboard command of Ctrl + A before changing the font, and which I did by applying the shortcut method. 

The next thing that happened was just in a split of semi-second and oblivious to me, I must have tapped a button on the keyboard unknowingly after the highlighting, and when I raised my eyes on the screen, the whole document was gone and I was left facing blank white screen.


Now since I couldn’t really figure out what happened, the only thought in my mind at that moment was to press Ctrl + Z, which I did and the whole document appeared again like magic, I then smiled to myself, nodded my head left-right and asked myself “What if there was no undo command (Ctrl + Z) in modern day computing?”….obviously it will be hell or disaster.

One thing about the shortcut Ctrl + Z command that I want point out to you here is that; Do you know that out of the 26 letters from A-Z on a conventional computer keyboard, that Ctrl + Z is the shortest key combination distance when holding down Ctrl + any other letter?

Over to you, how do you envisage modern day computing without that that simple undo command (Ctrl +Z)

What if there was no undo (Ctrl + Z) command in modern day computing? What if there was no undo (Ctrl + Z) command in modern day computing? Reviewed by Edwin Akwudolu on 8:21:00 AM Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. Hello Edwin,

    I don't it would have being a big headache for me. Hahaha! I don't remember the last time I tried undoing anything on my computer but my problem is; how would I have survived if there was no backspace on the keyboard? Hahaha!

    This post of yours has being shared on kingged.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah, funy you Emmanuel. Ok I am now weighing the options between Ctrl + Z and Backspace to see which of them will give more headache if non of them existed. I will give you answer later.

      Thank for coming over Emmanuel and do have a nice day

      Delete

Your comment is always appreciated

Powered by Blogger.