How to send a message to someone that you have not added as friend on Facebook using Opera mini

You will agree with me that Facebook allow one to send message(s) to even people that have not been added as friends to your friends list when accessing Facebook on any platform or with any device. 

But if you are very observant, just recently not even up to two days ago and mostly for those that access Facebook with opera mini on their mobile device, you will notice that when you either search for a particular person or click on a person’s name that you have not yet added as friend, normally what you should see when you do that are the Add friend and the message tab, and in some cases you see the Add friend and follow tab, but now when you click on the person’s name with your opera mini, the only thing you see is the Add friend tab without the message nor the follow tab as can be seen in the image below.
How-to-send-a-message-to-non-friend-on-opera-mini

It might as well be a bug from opera mini or Facebook and could be fixed later just as we could recall the issue of the view previous comment that was recently fixed.

When I first noticed this current problem yesterday, I thought that Facebook has blocked me from sending message(s) to people that I have not added as friend. 


But as someone who knows the dos and don’ts of Facebook and someone who always adhere strictly to the terms of service of every online program that I am participation on, I was sceptical to believe that Facebook really blocked me from sending out message and owing to the fact that I know that I have not done anything wrong, I quickly headed to my laptop, logged into my Facebook account, checked some members of some of my Facebook communities that I am not yet friends with, I found out that everything was alright and that I can see the Add friend and message tab there, it was then I cleared my doubt and now know that the problem was associated mostly with opera mini, because I tried out other device too and everything was in order.

Regardless of whether it is a bug or not, I know that sometimes for one reason or the other we may want to send out message(s) to some persons on Facebook without having to add them as friend first. 

If you are using opera mini and already encountered such problem, and you really want to send your message across to that very person, just follow the simple steps below to send your message as usual;

= => locate the person that you want to send the message to. Note that you have not yet added the person as friend and remember that whenever you are accessing Facebook on mobile device, you are always served the mobile version of Facebook that begins with the following URL https://m.facebook.com/..............

= => click on the person’s name link and you will only see the add friend tab. From here, just head up to the URL that will begin with the one in the step above and change the first m to touch and you should have something that begins like this https://touch.facebook.com/............ Then send it or hit go to load.

After loading, you should now see the Add friend tab together with the message tab. You can now go ahead to select the message tab and type and send your message. 

Remember for some people that have maybe set up their account not to receive direct message from strangers, for such you will see the Add friend tab and the follow tab only.

If you are happy with the pieces of info that you always receive from here, you can always feel free to use the comment box below to express yourself properly.
How to send a message to someone that you have not added as friend on Facebook using Opera mini How to send a message to someone that you have not added as friend on Facebook using Opera mini Reviewed by Edwin Akwudolu on 9:18:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Your comment is always appreciated

Powered by Blogger.